Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Camiguin: A Place You will Surely Love

When you hear the place Camiguin, maybe what comes to your mind might be “Lansones” right away for they produce the sweetest “Lansones” in the country. In addition to that, they also offer majestic places that anyone can enjoy.




 We arrived in Camiguin around 2 or 3 in the afternoon which I can barely remember because I went there almost 2 years ago with my family. It was a long drive from CDO plus a roro ride. There are only few hotels basing on my observation while roaming around the island. We stayed in Bahay Bakasyunan which is a very nice place itself situated in the seashore with lots of coconut trees around. Amenities include a swimming pool, an outdoor Jacuzzi and a lot more for sports and relaxation but I am not going to focus on that. We booked our room there and go on wheels again primarily to visit the tourist spots in the island.


First stop, hot spring. It is indeed a magnificent place near Mount Hibokhibok. I can spend the whole day there because the water is very therapeutic. It has cottages which I am not sure how much would be the rate because I am not handling finances that time. As much as I want to stay there, there are other spots to visit on the itenerary, we next to maximize our time.
 
Katibawasan falls is the next stop, the water is very cold but I still conquered it. I have to, for the sake of experience. It was a very nice water falls that will really capture the eyes of every tourist. My travel buddies cannot stop themselves from taking pictures of the water falls and so do I.

Next stop is the sunken cemetery, There is nothing much to do here aside from picture taking but the story behind it makes the place worthwhile to visit. I won’t tell the story so you can ask the locals when you visit. There are a few mementos available here.

It was already a tiring day so we made the decision to head back to the hotel and call it a day. I am not into swimming pool but I will not let this opportunity pass. I enjoyed the pool alone. It was great but as I am expecting I felt feverish after. I also tried Jacuzzi while drinking beer and it was awesome.

The following day was reserved for the best place in Camiguin, The white island! It was situated in the middle of the sea with nothing but sand. Who cares about sun burn? Its Camiguin’s best place and it is my first time so sun burn? Bring it on! There are life jackets for rent in the shore line before going there. The waves in going there is really high so my mom is a bit scared but for me, it is fun!

There was a lot of people there building sand castle, snorkelling, swimming and others simply savouring the moment of being there like me. I tried doing all of the fun activities there though. When it is already lunch time, we head back to the hotel and took our breakfast because we still have a roro to catch.

If you are planning to visit Camiguin, make sure to stay there for at least 3 days or more because I know that Camiguin has move to offer. Two days and one night is not enough to discover the beauty of the place. I will surely go back!



No comments:

Post a Comment